Denise
Ms. R is becoming a mentor for me...and a friend. 

She called last night to remind me I should not under any circumstances be feeling guilty about the boys being at respite.  She assured me they were having a good time and they didn't "need" to come home.

She also reminded me she is good to go to keep them through the weekend if I would like.  Just say the word.

Ms. R told me their weekend wasn't too smooth as one of her "boys" ran away and the police were involved to locate him and now he will be on a monitoring bracelet through the agency so they can more easily locate him.  Then in a matter of fact way she said "this is why I have teenage foster boys, still so much easier than the girls".  I couldn't help but laugh.  She told me of former foster boys and some of their antics.  She told me about why she changed from foster girls to foster boys.  She has wisdom I could gain from.

She told me about a group of her foster friends who have teenage foster boys...all of them.  She invited me to their "support group". 

God...thank you for bringing Ms. R into my life.  She makes me laugh.  She encourages me.  She is praying for me.  Just when I was doubting YOU again brought me EXACTLY what I needed...EXACTLY when I needed it. 

0 Responses

Post a Comment