Denise
Over the last two days someone did inappropriate searches on my laptop.  I have our laptop setup so each of us have a log in and I must have accidentally stayed logged in.

This happened once before.  Same inappropriate search.

Obviously I know I am not doing these inappropriate searches.  I know Babysitter M isn't doing them.  So...that leaves Sophie and the boys.  Sophie is illiterate so now we are down to two.

I asked the boys about it.  Both of them SWORE it was not them.  They didn't do it.  Neither one of them.  Could it be a mistake?  Could it be from the last unexplained time?

I expressed my disappointment in the whole thing and then told them it made me really sad they didn't trust me enough to tell me the truth.  I didn't say anything else and then I left the room.

About ten minutes later both boys came into my room, because the wanted to talk to me.

Middle Boy confessed to doing the searches the first time and Younger Boy confessed to the second time.  They apologized over and over.  They were both crying.  I explained not only was the first offense bad, but lying about it was a second violation of my trust.  I asked if they thought trust was important.

The consequence for this is two part.  The first is that they no longer are able to use the computer AT ALL.  If they have an assignment needing to be done then they will have to get it done at school.  The second part is they need to write a report with the following information:

Why the search was inappropriate.
Why trust is important in a family.
How lying affects trust.

They need to be done with the reports before they can do anything else after visiting Grandpa at the hospital tomorrow.

Prayers a lesson will be learned from this....for all of us.

0 Responses

Post a Comment