Denise
I think I have mentioned before that having a child (or two) who take controlled substances is an adventure EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

Here's how the adventure goes:
  1. Get a HANDWRITTEN prescription from the prescribing doctor.  If you are lucky some doctors will write you two or three months worth so you don't have to keep going back to the office every month.
  2. Go to a pharmacy and ask if they have the controlled substance in stock.  You actually have to go, because most won't tell you over the phone.  I don't know if they can't or if they just don't want to bother with looking, but most won't.
  3. Repeat step two until controlled substance is located.  Sometimes rarely is it the first pharmacy.  Once I had to go to TWELVE locations.  Yes...twelve.
  4. Have prescription filled.
  5. Pick up prescription.
  6. As of January 1, 2013, there is an exciting new step.  You have to have your ID scanned when you pick it up.  Federal law.  Too many people were stealing prescriptions for controlled substances so now the name on the prescription has to match the account of the person picking it up.
I hate that the boys have to take these meds.  Life is NOT easy without them.  Even more than that I DREAD this process every single month.

Today I actually won the lottery, because my regular pharmacy had the medication I needed in stock.  It is my lucky day!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment