Denise
On the way to youth group tonight the three of us were talking.

At one point Younger Boy said something like "Mom, it is good you are trying to understand that both of us are traumatized."

Middle Boy nearly came unglued.  He is NOT traumatized.  He never was.  That is buried and gone and it "just makes him mad" when people want him to talk about his past.  It has "nothing" to do with the way he is now.  All of his pain from the past is "healed".

Unfortunately he TRULY believes this with every ounce of his being.  Unfortunately it is also true he has not worked through hardly anything. 

He admittedly sees progress in Younger Boy from the trauma center, but he "doesn't need to go there".  If I make him he isn't going to say a word.  He absolutely isn't going to talk about the past....ever.

This is so frustrating.  I am not going to fight him.  It is MONTHS until he finishes his other therapy and we can go to the trauma center.

Pray for his heart to be softened and pray for Younger Boy to not be discouraged by Middle Boy's view on therapy.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    My daughter is the same way. I have two teenagers through foster care (and a 16 month old biological son!) and I really enjoy reading your stories. I just got through reading your blog from the beginning and it was one of the best books I've read in a long time!! As I sat glued to the computer my kids asked, "are you reading that blog again?" lol

    -Nicole (NMBarbato@yahoo.com)


Post a Comment