Denise
Tonight as I was getting ready to leave the presentation I was stopped by a seven year old boy.  His first words were "nice speech".

He was there with his grandfather.  He told me he lives with his mom and dad and his home is a good home.  He said he didn't think he was going to have anymore little brothers or sisters, but his is a good home and he is going to ask his parents if he can get a "big brother" from foster care.  He is going to ask for him every day until he gets one and every year for Christmas, because "every kid needs a good home and mine is good."

This brought tears to my eyes.  Maybe this boy will get his "big brother" and maybe he won't.  I imagine he won't forget about foster kids and maybe one day he will adopt.

This made my time worth it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment