Denise
The other day on Foster2Forever's Facebook page there was the following question...

What are the kids who come to your home afraid of?

I was able to list in about two minutes the following things...
  1. Sleeping
  2. Our house being broken into
  3. Blinds being open
  4. Fire
  5. Showering
  6. Public Bathrooms
  7. Thunderstorms
  8. Newspapers
  9. Car doors shutting during the middle of the night
  10. Sleeping under the covers
  11. The dark
  12. Making a mistake
  13. Getting things on their clothes or shoes
  14. Not having enough food
  15. Running out of money
  16. Leaning against a tree
Now that they are more comfortable in our home more of these things are actually starting to surface.  Before I think they didn't come out, because they were sure it was cause them to have to leave.  It seems like every day there is something new. 

Some of these I know the story behind and why there is a fear.  Others I can guess.  Most I can figure out without much effort.  Some of these have simple solutions...some do not.  Some are bigger obstacles than others.

I wish I didn't have to figure it out.  I wish they didn't have these fears.  I wish so many things had been different for both of them.

Prayers for fears to be calmed in their hearts.
0 Responses

Post a Comment