Denise
I am speaking at an event here on Saturday night.  It is a recruiting event for fostering/adopting teens from our state system.

As I read through the questions they want to me to try to highlight I can't help but wonder if I am being a hypocrite.  Do I think fostering teens is for everyone?  No.  Do I think there are people out there who would be amazing at it if they opened their heart?  Yes.  Is it hard?  You bet.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.

Here's some things they want me to "touch on"...

X years ago I thought adopting an older child meant....
My heart/mind was opened to adopting an older child when...
I'm not different than most of you...I just made the decision and I did it because...
Being a parent through adoption has been...

Prayers for the right words to say.  Prayers for the right people to be in attendance and the right hearts to be touched.
0 Responses

Post a Comment