Denise
J sent me an email today asking if I had ever heard of weighted blankets and do I think they might help Younger Boy.

I am so thankful for this email.  I hadn't heard of them, but I started doing some research.  They seems to help with sensory relaxation in kids with trauma, anxiety, and ADHD.  They started being used with kids with autism, but are becoming more popular even in adults...particularly those in early stages of dementia.

They are EXPENSIVE.  They need to weigh 10% of the body weight of the person plus 1 pound.  We need a 19 pound blanket and a 10 pound blanket. 

I found a website telling me how I can make them.  I think I am going to try it.  Really...how hard can it be?  I have a sewing machine.  Grandma was my 4-H leader.  Surely I can sew two blankets together forming pockets and fill the pockets with ziploc bags of dried peas, right?

So...in 2020 when I finish the blankets (I am planning to start this weekend) I will let you know how they work.

Seriously though.  We are going to try it.  I am 90% sure it would help Middle Boy.  I am 50/50 on Younger Boy.  That is only because he is scared to sleep with any covers on himself.

Now to sell it to the boys who I am sure will tell me they sleep "just fine".
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Weighted blankets will be blankets fixed with uniformly dispersed weight. The weight changes in view of who the proposed client is and size of the cover. Poly pellets for weighted blankets are utilized.
    This extraordinary kind of cover is intended to be warm and to give delicate weight to a man, mirroring the sentiment being held.


Post a Comment