Denise
I worked late tonight, because the boys are already home with Boarder and I have a lot to do.  I spent the majority of the day just listening in on conference calls which gives me the opportunity to do other things at the same time, but there is still a lot.

As a result there was no break between work and taking Middle Boy to therapy. 

In the past couple of weeks I have noticed an effort in Middle Boy toward a new found maturity.  A real effort.  My mistake is that I have yet to tell him I noticed.

For whatever reason tonight on the way to therapy he asked me if I have noticed a change in him.  He wanted to know if I have noticed he is keeping his anger more in check and being more respectful.  He also asked if I have noticed he is really trying to be responsible and do the things he is supposed to do....the right things.

I have noticed.  I told him I think he is doing a great job of it and that I am proud of him for deciding to make a change.

He told me of his plans for getting homework and therapy homework done when school starts again next week.  He confided that he is worried about this, because this isn't something he has ever focused or put emphasis on.  I told him I worried, too, because this hasn't been his mode of operation in the past.  I asked what he thought I could do to help him meet his goals.  He wants to think about it.

I am proud of him for really looking at his life.  In many ways he is more self-aware than most people I have ever met.  Definitely a good observer.  I tell him often that he would make an amazing therapist.

Praises for these incremental changes.  Prayers he doesn't get frustrated and give up.  Prayers he realizes it isn't all or nothing.
0 Responses

Post a Comment