Denise
Every day after school when he doesn't have tutoring Younger Boy is the first one home.  Sometimes he is home for up to an hour by himself.  Generally he does fairly well, because he has a routine that he follows.

He comes in the door and puts Sophie on her leash and walks her two times around our block.  Then they come in the house and get our mail key and the mail bag and walk to our mailbox a couple of houses up the street.

They come back in and he calls me and tells me he is home, whether or not he has homework, and what he is planning to eat for a snack.  When he is done with his snack he reads 20 pages from a book.  I have him read out loud, because it helps him to stay focused.  Sometimes he records himself so I can listen later.

I didn't develop the routine.  He did.  It almost always works.

Today he had homework.  A lot of it.  So he was going to get started.

Shortly thereafter I got an automated email telling me he had registered for a website on his iPod.

I called him to check what he was doing.  "Homework".

Then why did I just get this automated email?  He doesn't know.  He didn't go on any website or anything.  NOT TRUE, but he REFUSES to be truthful.  He is doing homework.

This is the stuff that makes me CRAZY.

Pray Younger Boy will one day trust me enough to tell me the truth about things.
0 Responses

Post a Comment