Denise
I really thought we were past this.  At least to this level.

Both boys are hoarding food again.  Both boys...consuming crazy amounts.

This afternoon I bought some ice cream treats.  The rule in our home is that each person can have one per day.  The box I bought should have lasted THREE DAYS minimum.  I bought them three hours ago.  I had one after work.  They are gone.  Allegedly everyone had one and Boarder isn't even home yet.  Both boys SWEAR just one.

It was frustrating, but I let it go.  If I say I am not going to buy treats anymore it will be a trigger.  If I ration...even bigger trigger.

Later this evening we were all making dinner together.  Younger Boy was setting the table and I asked him to get the condiments out of the refrigerator and put them on the table since dinner would be ready in less than five minutes.

Younger Boy was at the refrigerator for a while.  I asked what he was doing.  Nothing.

I walked up behind him and he was shoving THREE PIECES of bologna into his mouth.  I suspect he had a piece or two before these three, but I can't be positive.  When I asked about it he screamed "I knew I was going to get in trouble."

No...you are not in trouble.  I just need you to recognize what you are doing.  You were hungry.  Your brain told you that five minutes was too long to wait.  Maybe you couldn't control it, but if you continue to hide it...I CAN'T HELP YOU.

As I was talking to him about this Middle Boy was peeling a banana to eat while taking the food from the stove to the table.

The extent of this is new.  Why?  What is different?  When did I not meet their need for food in the past couple of weeks?

Pray we can work through this.+
0 Responses

Post a Comment