Denise
As you are all painfully aware I have been lamenting the fact that I don't necessarily feel like I have anyone in my life who "gets it".

J, one of my biggest encouragers, sent me this link to another woman's blog last night.

Can You Imagine?

I'm not going to lie.  We fit in many of those questions.  More than I want to think about.

Here's the thing though.  It scares many of you.  So I talk about the things which are bad, but "not that bad".  I minimize the things that go on, because no one will understand and I run the risk of people walking away.  Not wanting to visit, not wanting to spend time with us.

I wholeheartedly feel like God asked me to be on this path.  He entrusted me with the care of these two boys.  I would do it all over again if  He asked.  I know in my heart there will be more boys.  I know God knows the loneliness of the road he has me traveling.  I wish I could say I trusted that being enough, but I don't.

I am angry.  I want to scream and tell people about my boys.  The good and the bad.  Everything.  I'm tired of holding back.

There are a few of you...who I trust with those words.  Who I know will stay.  Who won't look at the boys and think that I am failing and they are unworthy of being loved...of having a family.  For that I am forever grateful. 

I am not asking for complete empathy...just maybe a change of perspective.  It has changed mine.
1 Response
  1. DeeDee Says:

    Perspective change...even though I deal with many of the items on the list...perspective 100% changed.


Post a Comment