Denise
Typically when I walk in the door from work Sophie is right there.  She is jumping and on her hind legs and waving her front paws.  Complete excitement to see me.  She circles me and runs and jumps and works super hard to get my attention.

The second I sit down she is there...on my lap...giving me kisses.  This is unconditional love.

The boys....they are NEVER anywhere near the door.  Often times I can't find them and end up yelling for them and get no response. 

Today was different.  As soon as I walked in the door they were both there.  Glued to me.  Wondering how my day was.

Why did they have to do this on a day which literally stunk?  A day when all I wanted to do was hibernate?  Any other day they wouldn't have noticed.

I used the "I have to use the restroom, give me a minute" excuse to compose myself.

Middle Boy is a good reader of moods though and he could sense something was amiss.  He IMMEDIATELY always thinks it was something he did.

He came to talk to me.  He wanted me to talk about my day.  Sort of.  Basically he wanted reassurance it had nothing to do with him.  I did, but it didn't.

I thanked him for showing empathy toward me and for caring about my day.  I told him it really meant a lot.  It does.

0 Responses

Post a Comment