Denise
I did talk with Middle Boy.  I asked him to sit down and talk. 

At first he wanted to stand and was frustrated when I told him he would need to sit down.  I don't think he realizes that it was his non-verbal way of showing he is "in charge".

He started out by saying he had nothing to say and we have nothing to work on.  I reminded him that while we were at the therapy office he said we needed to work on communication.

I did get him to open up about his frustrations.  He thinks I don't care and don't listen.  He told me some things and when I said "does that happen at THIS HOUSE?"  he had to admit that it did not.

We talked about why he is so angry at me right now.  He thinks I don't care about him and I don't love him.  He thinks I am angry at him 95% of the time and I think he is a failure in life.  He also said that yelling and swearing is the only way to get through to me.

NONE of this is true.

I asked if he treats anyone else the way he treats me.  He said he doesn't because everyone else can leave.  It doesn't really make sense considering that he is very fearful I will leave.

We talked about how therapy is hard for him.  We talked about why it is hard for me and why I get so frustrated about therapy homework.

It was a good conversation.  A couple of times he started to yell, but was able to realize what he was doing.

Praises for conversation.  Prayers it will continue and things will get better.
0 Responses

Post a Comment