Denise
Therapist L returned my call tonight about Middle Boy.

I told her a lot about what has been going on and how angry he is.

She is frustrated with him, because he always tells her everything is going just fine at home.

I described some of the things he says to me and some of the ways he tries to gain control of the situations at home.

She asked about my typical reactions.  Usually I am able to not engage in the yelling and arguing, but I do keep trying to talk to him about it.  She suggested I just stop.  Use the phrase "I will not talk to you or listen to what you have to say until you can do it in a respectful way."  Keep repeating that phrase and maintain the boundary.

Her opinion is that he feels like he has to be completely in control and he doesn't trust me enough to let me have any authority so he controls the things he can.

I'm thankful for her.  She is a no-nonsense lady.

Thank you God for putting her in our lives and for her being helpful to me as well.
0 Responses

Post a Comment