Denise
Younger Boy is REALLY struggling in the mornings.

Since he is so short on sleep I don't like to wake him super early.

He eats breakfast at school so all he really has to do in the morning is get dressed, take his meds, get his shoes on and get out the door.

What I now know is that there is NO WAY he can accomplish this in 45 minutes. 

This morning he missed his bus.  He couldn't believe it had already been there.  He had only been up for "like five minutes".  Wrong.  You have actually been up for almost an hour.  You don't have shoes on despite my repeated reminding.  You haven't taken your meds.  I know, because I am still holding them in my hand.

What did you do?  You packed and unpacked your backpack three times and you unrolled a roll of duct tape for no apparent reason.  Where did you get the duct tape?  From your backpack?  We'll talk about that later tonight.

No amount of prompting seems to get him to move faster or more focused on the morning.

Prayers for figuring this out.
0 Responses

Post a Comment