Denise
Tonight Boarder, Younger Boy, and I went out to dinner.

Somehow we got on the topic of honesty and trustworthiness.

Boarder and I are pretty certain Younger Boy has been stealing from him.  I know he has been stealing from me and from kids at school.

We asked him about it.  He got pretty distraught.  We told him we knew that he had been stealing.  Too many things just "appear" at our house and in his room.  After much discussion he confessed to stealing things nearly every day.  Mostly from other kids at school.  Out of their backpacks and their desks.  This disappoints me.

I asked him about truthfulness.  I said, "if you tell me 10 things how many of them would usually be a lie?"  I'm not certain what I thought the answer might be.  He said eight of them would not be true.  Now...this is a little complicated, because is that true?

He and Boarder talked a lot about the importance of trusting and being trustworthy.  I was super impressed by Boarder.  He confronted him about stealing his things, but was pretty loving and compassionate about it.

I am glad these boys have another adult they can talk to.  I'm glad Boarder will hold them accountable and not just be a friend.

Thank you God for Boarder.
0 Responses

Post a Comment