Denise
This morning during therapy with Therapist D we decided we weren't going to accomplish much unless we were able to work through the grief of receiving the graduation announcement.

So we started talking about it.

All Younger Boy was willing to discuss was "happy and hopeful" feelings.

Part way through we stopped the session.  Both Therapist D and I talked to him about how he needs to let the other feelings come out.  We know there are other feelings, because if there was only happy and hopeful then we wouldn't be in therapy.

We talked a lot about how those are uncomfortable feelings.  Sometimes ugly feelings.

We discussed how I won't be hurt or angry or sad if he misses him biological family.  In fact I expect it.

We talked about how it would make me happy if he would let himself be sad or angry instead of always pretending to be happy.  I wouldn't be happy he was sad, but I would be happy he would let himself feel sad.

I worry that I am screwing him up. 

I read this post today and it reminded me of our morning session.

I am so thankful for therapy and for others who feel the same (except I wish no one felt this way).
0 Responses

Post a Comment