Denise
Tonight I had dinner with a friend who God brought into my life.

He sat us next to each other at a class on attachment parenting.  He prompted me to talk to her.  While the reasons we have our boys and how we ended up where we are are quite different our home lives are quite similar.  Her boys are 16 and 14 (I think).

We communicate through email and reading each others blogs.  From the blog I "know" her heart and I "know" her boys.  I think she feels the same.

Tonight we got the opportunity to have dinner FACE TO FACE and to attend an attachment class together.

The time I was able to spend with DD was healing.  She gets it.  When I tell her things that happen I don't worry for a second that she is judging me or thinking I am a bad parent.  I also know she doesn't think I am making things up or exaggerating.  She knows it is real and it is hard and that is why I love her and wish she was closer and wish we could hang out on a regular basis.

That 90 minutes I got to spend with DD was the most healing thing I have been able to do in quite a while.  It was good for my heart.

Thank you DD for being you.  For doing what you are doing.  For making me feel a little less like a "crazy".  For not judging me.

Thank you God for DD....I didn't even know I needed her!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment