Denise
Tonight was the women's spring event at church.  I had purchased my ticket and was all set to go.

After the events of today I didn't really feel like it.  I probably should have gone, but I didn't.

I didn't know what to do.  I didn't want to go home.  I was tired and was done with all of the abuse and fighting for the day.

I didn't know where to go.  Some friends crossed my mind, but most of them were at the spring event or I just didn't want to deal with it.

So...I went to the parking lot of a local Christian school and sat in my car for two hours and cried. 

In my twisted way of thinking (and because I was driving past it on a convoluted route home) I figured I would be safe there.  It also happens to be next door to a police station.

I wasn't sure how long I would be there or when I was going to go home.  It was a really deep valley moment for me.

I screamed at God and I prayed.  I'm angry and I'm tired and this isn't funny anymore.

I wish I could say a peace came over me, but it didn't.
0 Responses

Post a Comment