Denise
Tonight was senior night at youth group.  Everyone was in attendance, but really it was a night to simply celebrate the seniors.  It is also the last youth group of this school year for the high school students.

I was sad.  Sad, because the girls in my group will be seniors next year and I have been with them for four years and I love them.

Sad, because at senior night they show kids baby pictures and then their senior pictures and I know that three years from now I won't have any baby pictures of Middle Boy.

Sad, because even though he knows that I am there Middle Boy doesn't always do what he is supposed to during youth group.  Tonight he was no where to be found...twice.  He and Z, another former foster kid, always seem to be missing at the same time. 

Sad, because when Middle Boy does that I further lose trust in him.

The night...it was just sad.

Except the part about brownie sundaes...that wasn't that sad.
0 Responses

Post a Comment