Denise
Tonight I was talking with a friend about some campers who I am still waiting to hear back from regarding this summer's camps.

I was going through the list of names I know she might have some information on.  We got to one and she said, "oh...that is a super sad one". 

The story she told me is infuriating to me.

This kiddos workers have deemed him "unadoptable" and he is going to be moving homes again.

Really, unadoptable?  You have to be kidding me.

Having experience with the system and raising two kids who were also "unadoptable" I KNOW that he is adoptable.  I suspect that no one has ever taken the time to really figure out what services he needs.

The thing that makes me EVEN MADDER is that he was in the courtroom when this was said. 

I am VERY THANKFUL that Judge D put a stop to the conversation and ordered they find an adoptive placement for this boy.

Damage has been done....for years.  He is not trash.  He is a kid who is living with the consequences of actions that were not his own and his trauma has made him who he is today.  This kid is a SURVIVOR.  He just needs someone willing to step up so he can begin to THRIVE.

Praying for him today.
0 Responses

Post a Comment