Denise
Last night Middle Boy posted on his Facebook page, "Call me a failure.  It is the truest thing you'll ever say about me."

When Boarder saw it he said, "I didn't call him a failure, did you?"  Nope.

Come to find out he was talking about himself.

For the twenty minute drive to school this morning I told him under no circumstances is he a failure.  He is a survivor.  Many adults wouldn't be able to survive the things he has in his life.  He is smart and he is funny.

I told him I do think his expectations of himself and of his view of himself are too small.  I told him that I dream bigger dreams for him than he does and that it makes me sad that he sells himself short. 

I also explained that I can't give him motivation.  That somehow it will need to come from within.  I can help, but I can't do this for him.

I also told him he will likely never have a bigger cheerleader than I am.

He just sat in silence starting to get teary-eyed.  I know I touched a nerve.

I love this kid. 

Pray he will see his worth in God's eyes.
0 Responses

Post a Comment