Denise
Middle Boy writes and performs music.  He is pretty good.

A lot of his songs are what I would deem inappropriate and we have made a deal about it.

He is doing a CD of songs about his life history.  I told him that I know there is a lot of associated anger there and if swearing makes the story more real or releases some of the anger then it is okay, but I would prefer he didn't.

I listened to some of the songs tonight.  It was his way of sharing some of his past without having to tell me the stories.

One of them really struck me.  Before tonight I suspected certain kinds of abuse, but he had never really said anything and it wasn't documented well in his case file.  The song is about the abuse of a pedophile.  When I was listening to the song I looked at him with a quizzical look and he nodded once and looked down.  Now I know.

There is a song about his present life and his mixed up thoughts that I asked him for permission to post here.  He gave me permission, but didn't give me a copy of the song yet.

Hopefully this weekend I will have it to share with you.

I am thankful for him being able to use writing and music as an outlet.
0 Responses

Post a Comment