Denise
The entire way home Middle Boy screamed at me. 

I am a liar.  I don't do ANYTHING to help with communication in our relationship.  I don't put forth ANY effort in the relationship.  I don't take responsibility for my actions.  All I do is apologize and then I wait until after he is mad and I have done something wrong.

When I make consequences it is always something he cares about and it is always when he is mad.  He doesn't care about consequences anyway.

When he stopped his rant I asked him if I could ask him a couple of questions without him exploding.  He agreed.  I asked what he does to show responsibility for his actions and what he is doing as his part of improving communication in our home.

If I don't know then I need to figure it out.  Hmmm....I think that would be not much.

He is going to document every time I have told me some bull s*** and then on the day he "happily" moves out he is going to give me the book.

He preached and preached about how a relationship needs three parts (from his therapy)....communication, honesty, and trust.  Without those three it will fail.  He said (and I know) he doesn't trust me.  Why would he?  Every other caregiver he has ever had failed him.  In all honesty, I don't really trust him either, because I feel like he is hardly ever honest with me.

So....I asked him if we could sit down and talk about a better way to communicate when we got home.  He'll think about it.

Prayers this starts getting better soon.  It is exhausting to do this every day.
0 Responses

Post a Comment