Denise
Earlier today I got an email from a friend about her brother and his plight in the foster care system.  He is a single pastor who has college kids living with him and has had a teenage foster son for the last year.

Over the past few months it has become apparent to him the child needs something else, but he is agonizing over it.  As soon as I got the message I felt compelled to email him because I know there aren't a lot of people who "get" what he is going through.  I do.  I came to the same realization with Older Boy about a year ago.

I prayed for him.  I listened and I encouraged as best I could.  See...this guy...he said yes when God asked him to.  He provided a home for this boy for a year when his own family was mixed up.  He gave God the time to work in someone else's heart to take this boy in. 

Everything he said and all of the feelings he had I could relate.  I knew.  As time has passed for me it has gotten better, but every now and then there is guilt.  Why didn't I try harder?  Why didn't I give it one more shot?

Pray for foster dad.  His heart is breaking.  Pray he knows he made a difference and an impact he may never understand this side of heaven.
0 Responses

Post a Comment