Denise
I have had a lot of people comment recently about how much I have going on and how "when it rains it pours".  Those things caused me to stop and reflect a little bit on life.

Yes...life since last fall has been hard in many ways.  When I mentally list the things even to me it seems a little bit overwhelming. 

Here's the perspective I have:
  1. Middle Boy was in the detention center for two months.  During that time I was allowed to have one on one with Younger Boy and really get to know him.  Also...Middle Boy is back home now and that is what really matters.
  2. Middle Boy and Younger Boy have had their really stinky behaviors.  This has presented the opportunity to me to learn about reactive attachment disorder and help others by presenting what I am learning.  At the same time making my home life much better.
  3. Grandpa was really sick.  Like "this is not good" sick.  Grandpa is still here and is getting better.  Hopefully as good as he was before.
  4. Grandma had surgery.  She is doing great and feeling better than before. 
  5. The health of Grandma and Grandpa.  This showed me without a doubt how much my parents love each other.  Not that I ever doubted it, but I watched it and it is a cool love story.
  6. My relationship with my sisters.  The health of Grandma and Grandpa pointed out the reality that my relationship with my sisters essentially sucks.  I wish I had a different perspective on this right now, but I don't.
  7. Our house is on the market and hasn't sold.  Our move was delayed.  Other than being a hassle of rescheduling this has been a blessing.  We weren't really ready to move and during the entire time we had a roof over our heads.
  8. Work has been busy, but I have a job which pays me well and allows me the flexibility to parent the boys in the manner I need to.
  9. Camp has been time consuming.  The lives of 128 foster kiddos were touched with the love of Jesus in ways that might not have otherwise happened.
  10. My time for myself and my friends is limited and non-existent.   Yet I literally have HUNDREDS of people willing to jump in and help me out if I just say the word.

I am beyond blessed.  God has blessed me in ways I never would have imagined.  Sometimes in the comfort of my life I forget this.  I get a little woe is me and I get exhausted.

Praises for blessing and a renewed perspective.
0 Responses

Post a Comment