Denise
Tonight Middle Boy was playing the "blame game". 

He was angry with Younger Boy, because he had left their bedroom door open and Sophie went in and chewed up a set of headphones which were on the floor. 

I asked a lot of questions.  Could Middle Boy have put the headphones somewhere other than on the floor?  Could he have checked if the door was open or closed?  Could he have kept an eye on Sophie?

He was pretty angry.  Younger Boy felt VERY guilty and kept apologizing.

I explained to Middle Boy that I get how frustrating it is to have your stuff chewed up and ruined and I am sorry it happened.

He apologized to Younger Boy for making him feel bad and told him he wasn't angry at him.  He was just frustrated.  I didn't prompt any of this.

I am proud of Middle Boy for recognizing he was blaming someone who had no control of the situation.

Prayers for continued recognition of misplaced anger.
0 Responses

Post a Comment