Denise
Over the last couple of weekends at camp I have had the opportunity to reflect about life.  I used to have a lot more time on my hands, but now for some reason I seem to be in short supply.

I do this, because it is what God specifically called me to do.  He asked me to be on this journey and I said yes.  I stopped hitting the snooze alarm on "doing something" and actually "got out of the boat".

How do I know this is the journey He intended for me?
  1. Honestly I never wanted to have kids...none...no kind of kids in my care.
  2. I don't have much patience.
  3. He created me with the ability to laugh at the absurd.
  4. He gave me a heart for the orphan.
  5. He directed my path in such a way that this was inevitable.  When my plans for life didn't work out it was because His plan was this and it is better.
  6. He gave me the courage to do what others believe is crazy.
Without Him I am incapable of doing this.  The everyday of foster care is daunting.  It is hard.  I'm not going to lie.  There are times when all I can do is cry out to Him.

There are times when I look at these boys and I think to myself...very funny, God, very funny.

He had some lessons for me to learn about myself.  He wanted to show me those areas of life where I needed to check my heart.  I'm learning...sometimes quite slowly...but I'm learning.

I'm going to keep saying yes to this journey and to every journey God has planned for me and my family, because this is worth it.  He is worth it!!

This post is part of a blog hop! Join me in reading about some journeys of other foster families.
0 Responses

Post a Comment