Denise
I've been praying for wisdom on timing for telling the boys the dates of the adoption.

I talked with Therapist C today about it to get her thoughts.  She asked if I thought either boy could handle the news right now.  Yes, they can handle it.  I don't have exact dates yet. 

She cautioned me against giving them the actual dates, because adoption hearings sometimes change and if it doesn't happen on the day I say it will there will be an issue with trust. 

Her thought is that a week notice for them is appropriate.  Much more than that and I will get big behaviors caused by anxiety and less than that will give me behaviors caused by surprise.

I am praying they will be the same week.  If they aren't I am not sure how to handle it.  If one has to be before the other Younger Boy is much more capable of being the second than Middle Boy is. 

I know it will all work out in God's timing.  I just have to trust.
0 Responses

Post a Comment