Denise
This morning was just one of those mornings.  A morning when no one was moving very fast.

The boys have ceased using an alarm clock, because they can't hear it over the BOX FANS they insist on having blowing directly at them.  I was the only one who heard it and went to turn it off anyway.

When I got up I went and woke the boys.  Sophie went with me.  She loves to do that.

I went back in my room to get ready.  Sophie got back on the bed and got under the covers.

The boys were moving slower than snails.  In fact, as a former co-worker used to say, "if they were moving any slower they would be backing up".

I finished getting ready.  I ate breakfast.  I took my meds.  I gathered all of my things and I waited.  I waited and I waited some more.

I asked for a status update.  No answer.  I waited again for five more minutes.  Another status inquiry.  No response.  Finally I saw Younger Boy.  He went down the hall and lay down on the couch.  What?  Get ready.

Middle Boy finally got ready...with his wafting of Axe cologne behind him and went to the car.

Younger Boy asked if we were going to be late.  Yup...everyone is going to be late.  Middle Boy said "at least we aren't grouchy".  True.  I guess it is all about perspective.  Sometimes you just have to laugh.
0 Responses

Post a Comment