Denise
So...today I got the call with my initial subsidy offer.  I am not going to accept it.

I feel like I need to explain.  Doing foster care for the boys I make a certain monthly stipend.  It is my understanding your monthly subsidy should be near your monthly stipend.  These...not even half.

Not only that, but Younger Boy's includes an allowance for monthly respite, but Middle Boy's does not.  At age 15 they assume you can leave them home alone for a weekend.  What?  That is RIDICULOUS.  Who in their right mind would leave a 15 year old home alone for the weekend?  Did they take into consideration that I am court ordered to not leave him alone for more than two hours at a time and that he is still required to go to DAY CARE?

This is what makes me crazy.  I asked what the appeal process is and basically she said that we have to send in more documentation, but she doesn't know for which items and after that we just won't be able to finalize the adoption.

Really, there is no meeting?  There is no interview of the workers?  There is no interview of the therapy team?  Just whatever their workers have kept in their logs over time and whatever they choose or chose to send in.  Nope...doesn't work for me.

I'm torn, because I want a subsidy that is fair, but I also don't want to drag this out for the rest of our lives.

Prayers for wisdom on what to do with these subsidies and how to handle getting the service coordinators to do more.  I have a feeling it will be a bumpy ride.
0 Responses

Post a Comment