Denise
Tonight on the way to therapy the boys and I got into a discussion about image and who you choose to associate with.  I'm not even sure what started the conversation.

Middle Boy insists his life is filled with "gangsters" and it is the only way he knows how to act.  I told him I believed those were his choices and he could absolutely choose something else.  He said it is too hard to change.  It is hard to change.  He is right.

Younger Boy generally chooses to associate with the kids in school who mess around quite a bit.  Middle Boy chooses the friends who skip class and aren't engaged academically.

They are both going to new schools this year.  They have choices to make.  I want them to feel comfortable with their friends, but I also want them to understand their choices influence the outcome of their lives.

Prayers for finding friends who are a good influence.
0 Responses

Post a Comment