Denise
I am hoping you would consider praying for/with me in the next couple of weeks.

Here's my partial list:

Grandpa (my dad) - He is having follow-up surgery on Tuesday.  They are either redoing one of the procedures which was done during his 40 days in the hospital OR reversing it.  We won't know for sure until after some tests on Monday morning.  We do know with either procedure he will be in the hospital for five to seven days.  Pray for wisdom for the surgeons and healing and peace for Grandpa.

Camp - Pray for camp.  Pray the counselors who God has chosen to be there will make connections and have their lives be forever changed by these orphans.   All of the kiddos attending camp have at some point been foster kids.

Campers - Pray their hearts may be opened and their nerves calmed as camp approaches.  Some of the kids have been many times before and others are brand new.  Pray each of them experiences something life changing.  Pray for their safety leading up to camp and following camp. 

Respite - Pray for my respite providers.  Pray the boys will follow direction and be respectful during their time away from home.  Pray the respite providers will know what a true blessing they are to me.

Joy and Ron - Both of these are camp veteran staff people who are unable to attend for medical reasons.  Pray the kiddos know how much these two love them.  Pray for healing and wisdom and peace in both of their lives and the lives of their families.  We will miss you and we love you!!

House - Pray our house sells in a timely manner and we get moved without any undue stress.  Pray it is a joyful thing for the boys and doesn't bring up flashbacks or trigger behaviors.


Adoption - Pray there is some movement in the cases this week.  Pray the boys will understand this is the forever family.  FOREVER.


Camp Family - There is a family who has kiddos who attend camps.  They are on my heart.  I am praying about what to do.  They were homeless at the end of RFKC and were living in a shelter.  She called the other day and said they had moved "out of town" so the oldest boy wouldn't be at camp this year.  She told a friend of mine maybe they would just camp once they could no longer be in the shelter.  I'm worried about them.  I hope they are not camping.  It is so hot outside.   All people in our state are mandatory reporters.  Do I make a call to the hotline?


Grandma (my mom) -  Pray for continued healing for her and peace during this week of surgery for Grandpa.

Energy - Pray for me.  I am so drained of physical, emotional, and spritual energy right now.  I am a little like a walking zombie.  I want to be a contributor at camp this year.  More than just planning the activity centers, but really making connections.  As I sit here now I KNOW I don't have it in me.  I know I NEED God to provide what I need to get through the next few weeks.  Pray for restful sleep and peace with the way camp goes.

Thank you so much for joining me in just a few of the things on my heart.  I appreciate you all so very much!!

0 Responses

Post a Comment