Denise
We had attachment therapy this morning.

We worked on why there has been virtually no sleep at my house this week.

The dominoes went like this:
  1. Mom needed to go out of town.
  2. Younger Boy was sad, because he would miss me and worried I might not be coming back.
  3. Younger Boy had fun at respite, but missed me.
  4. I picked up Younger Boy, but was tired.  It was bedtime when we got home.
  5. Younger Boy had in his mind that we were going to do a family activity when we got home, but didn't say anything.
  6. I took a shower and was ready for bed.
  7. Both boys stayed up way too late, because they were mad we didn't do a family activity.
  8. I got up and went to work and took the boys to daycare.
  9. I picked them up and we had errands to do.
  10. We went to the hospital to visit Grandpa.
  11. We came home and hung out for a few minutes, but it was bedtime again.
  12. The boys were expecting a family activity unbeknownst to me.
  13. I went to bed at the normal time.
  14. Boys stayed up way too late.
  15. We got up.
  16. Both boys screamed, swore, and cried to their respective daycares.  They told me how I was the worst mom on the planet and I need to learn to be a parent.  Middle Boy asked me not to speak to him for four or five days.
Therapist C helped Younger Boy to see that the dominoes falling could have stopped at number 5 if he would have just told me how he felt.  Then he wouldn't be completely exhausted and have to miss his late baseball game tonight.  That was a result of the behaviors this morning and not sleeping the last two days.

Prayers he "gets it".
0 Responses

Post a Comment