Denise
Sunday morning church felt like we had made a few HUGE strides BACKWARD.

Younger Boy wanted to sit during worship which is the same thing he did when he first moved in.

Older Boy REALLY struggled. First he decided to sit with his head on his knees through the entire service. This was alternated with frantically tying and untying his shoes and violently scratching and adjusting his “private area”.

We have been working on the “private area” thing. Making it a “private location” thing. More than one time during the service I leaned over to him and said “If you need to do that you need to excuse yourself to the restroom.” This is not a popular option. It results in glaring and turning your back on me.

I get that he is a teenage boy. I get that his social skills are lacking behind, but how am I going to get him to stop doing this….ALL THE TIME….no matter where he is or who is with?

Prayers he will understand the social aspect of these actions and I have the wisdom to help. I want him to understand that he can’t do that at school.

0 Responses

Post a Comment