Denise
Tonight Older Boy was super excited to be the one "in charge" of dinner. What that meant was that he was in charge of pre-heating the oven, putting in the Papa Murphy's pizza, setting the timer, and taking the pizza out. This is HUGE for him. No one has ever let him do this before. He wanted to be the one in charge of reading the directions and everything.

For some reason I had purchased two pizzas thinking we might have one on Friday as well.

Older Boy did a great job getting the over pre-heated and when he went to put the pizza in it somehow tipped spilling all of the toppings into the oven and onto the heating element and between the bottom of the oven and the door.

He was MAD. I cringed. I didn't want a blow-up. I didn't think I could deal with it. I immediately started saying "It's not a big deal. We have another pizza. It happens to everyone at some point." I explained we just needed to get it cleaned up before our house filled with smoke and the detectors started going off.

I was surprised. He jumped into action. He didn't shut down. He opened all the windows and brought me the trash can.

When we were done cleaning he baked/smoked the other pizza.

I am proud of him. He didn't freak out. He followed directions and didn't shut down. He can do it.

Praises for calm(ish) behavior and that with God all things are possible.
0 Responses

Post a Comment