Denise
Tonight I had so many offers to come and stay with us at the hospital. I was supposed to be at my Bible Study so all of those women were praying for us and offering to come and sit with me during his evaluation.

Baseball Coach J and Friend K and her daughter, B, ended up coming to the hospital just as we were being discharged. The psychiatric angel, Peg, showed us to a waiting room where no one would be so we could sit and talk to Older Boy.

It was a heartfelt discussion.

We asked Older Boy how we could pray for him. There were a couple of times when he started to tear up. This is how I know we are getting through to this kid. He rarely shows an emotion other than anger/rage.

Baseball Coach J talked about forgiveness and how when you are angry you can forgive and keep it inside or lash out. He talked about Jesus and God's forgiveness of each of us.

Older Boy finally decided we can pray that he can see his sister's again and that he can learn to control his temper. At first he said we should pray for "everything" when we asked what was wrong in his life. Friend K got him to laugh when she asked if we should pray about his hair.

She also asked if he understood why they came. He didn't. She explained that she loved us...all of us and that was why she was there. Baseball Coach J said that was why he was there. He loves Older Boy.

I think Older Boy gets it. I asked if it was hard to hear that people love him. He said yes. I get that, too, because it is really hard for me to hear that people love me.

Praises for these friends. It means a lot to all of us!
0 Responses

Post a Comment