Denise
So...we are looking for a new therapist. Actually...I am waiting for them to tell me who the new therapist is going to be.

I can make recommendations, but my say is not the final say.

As I understand it we will not be going to the Trauma and Attachment Center. They are only accepting new clients who are pre-adoptive or adoptive. At this time I can't say whether the boys fit in that category so it isn't an option.

I got a recommendation from Foster Mom J who has a kiddo almost identical in behaviors to Older Boy. She said their therapist has been amazing. They have made significant progress and they really like her. According to Service Coordinator "she might be an option".

Service Coordinator is looking for someone. I asked her who she is considering. She gave me the name of the agency. I asked if they deal with kiddos who have trauma AND are DD/FAS. She doesn't know. Why on earth would we not find that out before we pursue it. Am I the only one who is thinking these things through? It is like trying to make an appointment to have open heart surgery with an OB/GYN. Let's find the right person...or at least someone who has the chance to be the right person.

We are going to send both Older Boy and Younger Boy to the new person. This means I will also be doing therapy with the new person since I am doing family therapy twice a week...once with each boy. As I write that I realize that I am in as much therapy as they are. Wow!

Pray this transition is smooth. Pray it is abundantly clear who God wants to have as the therapist for us. Pray for healing.
0 Responses

Post a Comment