Denise
Today I picked the boys up early from daycare so we could head to Grandma and Grandpa's for a memorial service for Grandpa's brother and sister-in-law.

The first part of the trip went great. Both boys were playing their Nintendo DS and no one was fighting.

Older Boy decided he had enough of playing DS when we were 90 minutes into the four and a half hour trip.

He and I were talking about how things have been going and how his behavior has been at daycare over the last few days. Any time I asked him a question he would stare out the window and not answer. It is his way of avoiding talking about anything that might seem like he was misbehaving.

He continued to ignore everything I said and when I asked a question of him he blew up. He threw his body back against the car seat and started banging his head. I had to pull over at the next exit.

It is so frustrating and frightening all at the same time.

I told him I was angry and that I would talk to him when I cooled down. He spent the entire time following me around saying I was just being rude for needing to cool down. I told him I would talk to him when we were back in the car. It wasn't good enough. I didn't want to blow up at him. I needed space. He REFUSED to give it to me and just kept getting closer and closer to me and telling me he KNEW I wanted him to leave my house.

When things de-escalated we got back in the car and drove the rest of the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Pray for a peaceful ride home on Sunday.
0 Responses

Post a Comment