Denise
Tonight I had foster parent training at my agency. When I have these training sessions the boys generally go with me and go to child care there.

Last night both boys did great during dinner.

During the time in child care Older Boy was helpful and did great playing with the younger kids. Younger Boy got into a fist fight with another boy.

Alledgedly the other boy flipped him off and Younger Boy said he was going to bash the boy's face in. The other boy flipped him off again and a fist fight started.

I had Younger Boy apologize to the other boy and the child care provider for fighting. He was not happy about it.

When we got in the car we had a long discussion about the appropriate way to react when you feel you have been wronged. We also discussed forgiveness and how God had already forgiven him for fighting with the other boy so it was probably time for him to forgive the other boy. We prayed about it.

It opened up good conversation, but some days I wish we didn't have so many conversation starters!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment