Denise
Yesterday at the family team meeting for the boys it was decided the best place for Older Boy is a developmentally delayed/behavior disorder group home. His behavior at home has been escalating to the point where it is not manageable by a family (not just me). The psychiatric emergency room made the evaluation on Monday night during our visit there.

At this time I don’t know when the actual move will occur, because they have to do a bed search of that type of facility. The paperwork will be started today.

He does not know he is moving, because I believe it will be quite traumatic for him and there is no reason for him to know now.

I have agreed that he could come to my home for his good behavior weekend visits and at the times he has holiday privileges. It is hard to say where he will be and what the facility will look like or how long he will need to be there.

Although I know it is the right thing it still makes me VERY SAD that I couldn’t help him. I pray he will get the help he needs when he moves.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Keep praying for Older Boy and Younger Boy. I know God has a plan for all of us and that His hand is in all of this.
0 Responses

Post a Comment