Denise
There are two distinct things going on with homework this year.

Younger Boy hasn't really had any yet. He does come home every day to show me that he has NOT received a slash. He told Mentor R tonight on the phone that he hopes he doesn't get one all year. I hope he doesn't either. He is REALLY proud of himself right now.

Older Boy has to do 20 minutes of reading each night. He has AMPLE time to do it at daycare. In fact they have a 30 minute time where they are either supposed to read or do puzzles by themselves to "calm down". Yesterday he chose to pace during the entire time so no reading was done. He told me when I picked him up that he decided he wanted to do it at home. As we were walking to the car he asked if he could watch TV when he got home. I told him homework has to be done first. He immediately changed his story to the fact that he read for 20 minutes on the bus. I told him I didn't believe him, because he said something completely different inside daycare. He tried to tell me he was "just teasing" when we were inside and then the rage came out. He was NOT going to read and I CAN'T tell him what to do. He repeated it eleven times and then I said "How many times do I have to listen to that sentence? You have told me eleven times. I will only listen to you say it one more time." That didn't stop it, but it slowed it down.

Luckily we had a guest for dinner and the evening. TQ was there and when I asked him to do his homework after dinner he eventually did the reading. I had to ask him to go get a book for about 20 minutes and it took another 20 minutes for him to get started, but he did it. There was no way he was going to argue with her there. She could tell Service Coordinator. He has not caught on to the fact that he wasted 60 minutes on something that could have taken 21 minutes.

Prayers for smoother homework nights in the future. Praises for TQ being there so we could get the homework done.
0 Responses

Post a Comment