Denise
This is a note I wrote to Middle Boy’s Foster Mom this morning…

Thanks so much for the opportunity to have Middle Boy in our home this weekend. I really enjoyed having him and the boys loved him. I thought they got along great and I think Middle Boy enjoyed himself, too.

Within minutes I got this email from her…

Weird - I was just sending an update to the team about how respite went! :)

I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Truly.

I will tell you that on the drive home Middle Boy asked out of the blue if I thought that you would be a possible placement... I asked him what he meant by that (just so that I could see if he was trying to investigate whether this possibility was everyone's intentions all along or if he was truly inquiring - maybe it was a little bit of both, who knows)... Middle Boy then clarified and asked if I thought that you would consider a possible permanent placement with him. Being cautious and not wanting to get any of his hopes up - I responded by telling him that while the weekend visit was just respite, I would still let the team know that he inquired about it. Middle Boy told me that he just felt sort of a connection with you and felt as though you may be somebody that he could bond with easily. I asked Middle Boy what he thought made him feel that way (just to see if there was anything concrete) and he said he wasn't sure - that you were just someone that he felt comfortable with and that you were really easy going. He also felt maybe he was somebody your boys could look up to (which I thought was cute).

I'm sending a similar update to Middle Boy's treatment team (just because they would want to know how it went) - but also wanted to let you know, since you were so supportive and sweet in sending this email... Please note that the point in me telling you this is ONLY to let you know his point of view of the visit from spending time with you and the boys --- this is not being sent to pressure you nor have you feel as though you are under any obligation - for anything... As it stands now - all Middle Boy knows is it was really "just respite". I just thought you would want to know that the feelings seemed mutual between you, the boys and Middle Boy.

You have a great week as well! Please feel free to reach out to me for anything - at any time!

This makes me smile, because I feel a connection with Middle Boy, too. I have ever since I saw his picture on the heart gallery a couple of years ago. I knew, before I was even a foster parent, that one day we would cross paths and somehow impact each other’s lives. I have been praying for him ever since.

Prayers for Middle Boy. I have a meeting with his case team on Thursday to see what the next steps might be if any.

Prayers that God’s will be followed in this meeting.

0 Responses

Post a Comment