Denise
This morning I found out I have been granted educational surrogacy for both boys.

This means I am the one who makes the educational decisions. I get to be a part of choosing their classes and can attend meetings at the school on their behalf. I'm sure some of you are thinking "you couldn't do that as a foster parent?". The answer is no. The legal guardian is responsible for that and as a foster parent you are not the legal guardian.

This will mean I can request the specialized testing I think Younger Boy needs and Older Boy will not be enrolled in things like Drama. He excels at drama at home, but the class will not be helpful to him in life.

Praises I was granted this surrogacy. Prayers I will use it to make decisions that honor God and the needs of the boys. Prayers I will have wisdom in the decision making.
0 Responses

Post a Comment