Denise
Younger Boy was in a HORRIBLE mood this afternoon. I told him we had to talk about it. Of course he was NOT interested in that. I explained that I knew why he was stressed out, but that he needed to talk to me about it.

I asked if he was sad Older Boy had to move to get help and he said kind of. I asked if he was mad Older Boy had to move to get help. He said kind of. I asked if he was glad Older Boy had to move to get help. He hid his face and said yes. I asked if that made him feel bad and he started to cry.

I explained that it is okay to feel glad, because Older Boy has been scaring him and because it is what Older Boy needs to do to get better. I explained that we can miss him at the same time as we are happy he is getting the help he needs.

I could tell it instantly lifted a weight off of his shoulders.

Praises for sweet discussion and prayers for breaking hearts.
0 Responses

Post a Comment