Denise
I could use some prayer, because I have a dilemma.

Youth group has a lock-in coming up at the end of September.  It is for all kids in the youth group.  The basic premise is that the kids will be at the church from 7:30pm to 7:00am.  They are going ice skating and bowling.  They are having inflatables and movies.  It is going to be amazing.  There is a lot of freedom involved for the kiddos, but there are also a lot of adult volunteers present.  The kids stay up all night.

Here's the dilemma.  I want Middle Boy and Younger Boy to be able to go.  I believe this is not an event for Older Boy.  Unfortunately Older Boy is well aware that the event exists and brought the paperwork home last night.  I have many concerns.  Two of the bigger ones are the lack of one on one supervision for him the entire night and what his behaviors would look like in the days following when he is completely exhausted.

I need prayers for wisdom.  In any event I feel like I am in a no win situation.  I don't think the other boys should miss it, because both of them can handle it and should be trusted to handle it.

Your prayers are welcome.  So are any suggestions for what to do with Older Boy during the event.  If I had to guess I imagine the blow up will occur either way and there is no way to guess which will have the greatest fall out.
0 Responses

Post a Comment