Denise
Since Older Boy was at Mentor M's house Younger Boy and I went out for dinner and also did a little bit of shopping.

We had really nice dinner conversation. Younger Boy told me all about his day and everything he was learning in school. He "taught" me the steps to doing long division and explained to me the importance of estimating what your answer should be. We also talked a lot about the things he is excited for this school year and during youth group.

More than one time he said "I wish we could do this...just you and me or you, me and Middle Boy." He said more than one time "I wish Older Boy wasn't coming home tonight, because the yelling gives me a headache."

It is so hard to hear that. It makes me wonder if they should have been separated long ago. He is a totally different kid when Older Boy is absent. It is like a weight is lifted from his shoulders.

Pray for the relationship of the boys. It isn't good now and with the move not being imminent for Older Boy we need to be able to all get along.
0 Responses

Post a Comment