Denise
This morning was HORRIBLE.  I don't know of another way to put it.  It just plain stunk!!

I had decided to let the boys sleep in a little bit and go to the second church service. 

I went and woke both boys.  Younger Boy got up pretty much immediately.  He got dressed (three or four times).  The first time he was wearing plaid shorts and a striped shirt.  In some (okay hardly any) instances this would be acceptable.  This particular outfit...not really.  Then he left the shorts and put on a black argyle sweater.  Okay...not argyle and plaid and not a sweater.  It is already 90 degrees outside.  I said that it could either be the first shirt and a plain pair of shorts or these shorts and a plain shirt.  On try three he got there.

Middle Boy still wasn't up.  I finally had to shake him to wake him up.  I told him he had 30 minutes to get ready and we were leaving at 10:15AM.  He got ready.

Then when it was time to leave he decided he needed to mess with his weekday bag and repack it.  This bag is going to make me crazy!!  I asked him to please stop messing with the bag, because we needed to leave.  Fifteen minutes later I decided I am just going to leave for church.  Whoever is in the car when I am ready to leave is going.

Middle Boy threw a fit.  He was screaming at me and wouldn't shut his car door.

I have had it today.  I decided to drop them off at church and take some time for myself.  Middle Boy told me he would just get Mentor R to take them and I could come and get them when I was ready to be a parent.  I called Grandma crying.

Fine...if that is what you want to do...have at it.

Mentor R and his wife did take the boys for the afternoon.

What I realized today is this...I need to find away to be able to have alone time at home every couple of weeks where there is nothing I need to get done and no agenda.  It can't be away.  I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

We all had a new perspective when I picked them up.

I am SO VERY THANKFUL for Mentor R taking the boys.  Our relationship has been tough the last few months.

Prayers for a calmer mind for me.

0 Responses

Post a Comment