Denise
When I went to training for camp a couple of weeks ago we trained about how a lot of these kiddos didn't have their basic needs met and from that their brains fire a little bit differently that brains of kiddos who had their basic needs met.  It was a demonstration done with red legos (stressors) and blue legos (calming).  Most of these kiddos have a lot of red legos going on.  I know my boys do.  Nearly everything causes a red lego reaction.

The attachment center works with a process called EMDR.  In REALLY BASIC terms it helps create blue legos.

Younger Boy and I will be going for two hours per week to the attachment and trauma center.  One hour is spent in "regular" family therapy and the other is spent working on the traumas that created the red legos.

I am REALLY EXCITED to be starting this.  It is so hard to get into this center.  VERY HARD.  We are lucky to be able to be a part of it.

Our intake meeting went well.  It is interesting to hear Younger Boy's "perspective" on his life so far.  He said "my childhood wasn't good, but now my life is good".  It was a little surprising to hear him say he thinks he is past childhood. 

Praises for therapy and help in areas of life where we need it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment